This blog lists the 10 best bug tracking tools that you can use in 2021. It offers a description of its features, integrations, pricing, and its pros & cons. Find all the insights you need to choose a tool that fulfills all your requirements.
But before we get to the bug tracking tools, let’s discuss why we really need them.
Currently, people and businesses are becoming increasingly dependent on software solutions for almost everything. But a bug can greatly hinder their tasks. While it could be a small annoyance for some, it can also lead to losses for many businesses and individuals.
The best way to avoid it is by thorough testing in the early development process. The teams will have enough time to identify and fix all bugs. But to do that, they need comprehensive but easy-to-read bug reports.
You will encounter bugs in the development process, but they don’t have to be difficult to deal with. Fortunately, there are plenty of bug tracking tools that can help you streamline the process and bring transparency to the entire process.
Now that you know the importance of bug tracking, it’s time we look at the best options out there. Let’s dive in.
Disbug is one of the best bug tracking tools out there. It can help you create detailed bug reports that contain all information related to the bug. The intuitive interface lets you add console logs, network logs, local storage, user clicks, and technical logs with ease. Just install the Disbug chrome extension and record visual proof with a screencast.
It can significantly boost communication with your development team and enhance team collaboration. It is fairly simple to use and even non-developers can take advantage of it.
• Create detailed bug reports with ease.
• Chrome extension for capturing bugs with screen recording
• Capture technical information such as browser, OS, and display resolution.
• Integrations for Jira, GitHub, GitLab, Asana, and more for ease of reporting bugs.
BackLog is another amazing bug tracking tool and management solution. Using this tool any developer from the development team can report bugs, analyze the bug's entire history, and monitor status changes with ease. There are features in BackLog for code review and collaboration, as well as for enabling pull requests, merge requests, and branches.
Using BackLog, you can enhance the productivity of your development teams. Enhance communication and collaborative efforts to deliver a bug-free and outstanding user experience.
• Intuitive bug tracking tool
• Advanced search features
• Analyze bug history and change in status
• Built-in Git and SVN
• Kanban-based boards for visual workflow
eTraxis is an open-source bug tracking system that is multilingual. It is written in PHP and works with a variety of databases such as Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and MySQL. By centralizing all project activity, eTraxis provides a customizable framework for managing projects involving various organizations. Users and projects can be created and viewed at the same time as problems are assigned. The ability to create your own workflows is an added benefit of this system.
SpiraTeam is both a bug tracking tool and an issue management solution. It is very easy to use and its features can help you quickly create in-depth bug reports for your software solutions. You can add a lot of information related to the bug and track the entire process of fixing it once it is reported and assigned to the developers.
• As the script runs, new issues are generated automatically
• Customize bug types and severity levels
• Link bugs to other elements and incidents
• Audit log for monitoring status changes
• Email notifications for status and workflow changes
• Simplify communicating bug issues with developers
SmartSheet is a spreadsheet design-based bug tracking tool that has multiple ongoing projects at hand. It makes it much easier for businesses to make bug reports, manage workflows, and improve cooperation between teams from different verticals.
• Security, user management, and single sign-on capabilities
• Offers custom solution development to match your own requirements
• It offers templates that can be customized
• Connects effortlessly to your company's network
• Makes budgeting and planning easier
• It provides extensive reporting and analytical capabilities
• Contains features for automating, accepting web form input, evaluating, and authorizing
Although Monday is a project management tool, it is also one of the best project management tools out there. It offers an easy to interpret blog report. It has in-built bug status tracking capabilities and enables customizing notifications. Furthermore, it allows you to incorporate tasks into your calendar. You'll be able to stay on top of projects and stay on schedule if you use this simple tool.
• Enhance bug reporting and collaborating
• Automate certain tasks
• Integrations for Google Calendar, Gmail, and MailChimp
• Track bug status
Wrike is an amazing bug tracking tool and project management solution that is highly customizable. You can make customizations in workflows, bug reports, dashboards, request forms, and much more. You can also choose the interface you use. You can choose between kabana-style boards, Gantt charts, and traditional workflow interfaces.
• Create intuitive bug reports
• Monitor bug status changes
• Customize the user interface
• Integrations for Jira, GitHub, Microsoft, Google, and more
BugZilla is a useful web-based bug tracking tool and testing solution. It was originally designed and used by the Mozilla Project. As of now, it is available as an open-source solution that you can use.
• Notification of code change by email
• Tables and graphs are common components of reports
• There are various formats for generating a list of bugs
• Organize your reporting schedule to include daily, monthly, and weekly checks in
• This software for tracking bugs may automatically identify instances of the same bug
• Prioritizing bugs by incorporating the target audience
• Estimate when a bug will be resolved
ClickUp is primarily a project management tool. But it is also a powerful bug-tracking tool that allows you to create your own one-of-a-kind views from the ground up. Time and tasks can be managed thoroughly with this project management system, and coordination between functional departments is greatly simplified.
Using this application, you can assign and resolve comments to tasks. It assists you in quickly and easily determining your primary goals for the day's work.
• Advanced search options to find what you need
• Large choice of design templates to choose from
• Import documents from other apps automatically
• Easily collaborate with different teams
• Manage and assign tasks accordingly
• Sorting tasks based on project
This robust bug tracking tool from Zoho allows you to prioritize bugs based on their importance and severity. Increase productivity by determining which bugs are reproducible. Using this web tool, you can create projects, issues, milestones, reports, and documentation all on the same platform. You can also automate reminders and notifications for team members.
• Integrations for effective bug reports
• Problem tracking tools allow for a more flexible working environment.
• Sort bugs according to their severity
• Check user reviews of the product
• Check and compare the set of features
• The size of your organization (number of employees)
• Examine user interface and cost of training employees
• Quality of customer support
• Technical support and future update policies
• Hardware and software requirements to integrate the system
• Company reviews
Spreadsheets used to be an effective bug reporting and managing mechanism, but times have changed. Web-based services are now much more complicated and a spreadsheet just won’t do you any good. The above mentioned are some of the best bug tracking tools, you can use to simplify creating detailed bug reports, manage workflows, track the bug life cycle, and deliver an outstanding service to your clients.
I hope this article gives you everything you need to choose the right service that can fulfill your requirements.
If you think I missed something, do let me know in the comments.